Step in for the annual celebration of dads, grandads, and the paternal figures that make a difference in our lives. Father’s Day is a great chance to spoil our dads, and Old Montreal is a gold mine for original gifts to mark the occasion. Without further ado, here is our special Father’s Day shopping guide!
Fans of the Great Outdoors
Once again, nature, the summer season, and Quebec’s magnificence are all great reasons to encourage fans of fresh air to get out more this year!
- Caps, sunglasses, and most importantly, fishing gear: boutique Salmo Nature is the top destination for fans of the sport, with a selection of specialized equipment unique to Montreal.
- Take advantage of Magasin Général’s promotion on backpacks from the Canadian brand Hershel. We love the diversity of sizes and colours they have. Whether for urban or nature exploration, they have something to fit every need.
- The collection of bison leather bags from Artisans Canada is perfect for weekends at the cabin and brilliantly underlines the artisanal savoir-faire you can find here in Quebec.
Gourmets & Gourmands
Now that we can gather in small groups again, who could possibly resist a chance to meet up? Here are some suggestions to simplify the planning and help you make the most of it.
- Maison St-Paul came up with the excellent idea to offer a “Father’s Day Box”, to be shared. Tuna sashimi with ponzu and soy sauce, poached lobster, filet mignon, and maple glazed vegetables: we’d go for this all-inclusive surf and turf meal without hesitation!
- For dessert, les Glaceurs have prepared an assortment of cupcakes as good as anything, and their flavours will bring together all the gourmands in the house. We also couldn’t help but be drawn to the royal l’Amour du pain cake, which comes in Bock beer or tuxedo decorations – original and delicious!
- Monopole Café knows beverages, and can simplify your task with a choice of local and imported beers and wines. We love the originality of their products and bottles.
- A good coffee is always worth bonus points! We love the selection that Structure Roasters has. It’s a great way to explore the world, or indeed, begin your global journey!
- At Casse-Noisette, there are chocolate and mug combo kits that really caught our eye!
For Those That Love to Take Care of Themselves
- Aesop is without a doubt the trusty stop to find surefire successes made with high-quality materials. We love the refined scents, the product’s efficiency, and the top-of-the-line packaging that keeps the items well-preserved.
- Now that the baths have completely reopened, a gift card for Scandinave Spa is a great choice. Giving the gift of self care is always an excellent present. The gift card’s major advantage is that it gives the one you want to spoil their choice of massage on their time, according to the purchased package.
Style and Fashion
Wanting to go out well dressed is normal after our time of decreased time in public. Back are the days of going out and now is the time to pump up your wardrobe and accessory game.
- The experts at Clusier boutique know just how to direct you: clothing, accessories, shoes, masks, ties, chic loungewear. Don’t hesitate to ask for their help, they are on top of current fashion trends and know how to apply them in a personalized fashion.
- Impact Gallery boasts quite a stunning collection of male jewellery: their rings, necklaces, and bracelets are worth a look. We also like the decorative items that work marvelously in an office setup, like little planes and bikes. Just depends on your style!
- L’empreinte selles a selection of jewellery, T-shirts, and accessories, all made by local artisans. Shopping here is a great way to make someone in your life happy, while also supporting local business.
Out Of Ideas?
Everyone gets this familiar mental block: what do I get him? Something special, or to mark the occasion, something practical that will also make them happy. Well, some shops have thought along these exact lines, just for the indecisive buyer!
- The Bonjour Montréal Boutique has gone all in on the “eclectic” for its Father’s Day selection, and we love seeing all the great suggestions gathered in one place. Sometimes looking through it all, something calls out to you and you just have to pull the trigger! Greeting cards, snack spreads, cocktail kits, soaps… you have to visit!
- Do you know a fan of the historic neighbourhood? Someone who knows all their favourite haunts? Take a look at some of the related brands with their names above, we made a list earlier this year. And if all else fails, a gift card is a wise choice! One for Experience Old Montreal, for example, is valid in all Antonopoulos Group establishments.
Mimi et August offers unique cards, designed by Camille Forcherio, co-owner of the boutique. We love their simple, yet direct messages that get you right in the heart!
N.B: We update this list regularly. If your business sells items related to this theme and doesn’t yet exist on this list, please write to us so we can include it! firstname.lastname@example.org