Last update: October 2nd, 2020 - Follow up of construction work on the Old Montreal territory
Considering the current crisis, we have put together various official announcements to keep you informed of the state of construction sites in Old Montreal.
Redevelopment of Viger Square and repair of neighbouring streets and sidewalks (blocks I and II)
Work continues on Saint-Antoine street in Viger Square perimeter.
- Saint-Antoine street, between Saint-Laurent boulevard and Berri street:
- Complete closure until Gosford; local circulation only; detour by Gosford, Saint-Louis, Berri; blocked at Gosford;
- Access maintained for A-720 West (Cars only);
- Detour trucks and buses by Saint-Laurent, René-Lévesque, Berri;
- Exit 6 of A-720 East: closed, detour by exit 7, Panet, Viger, Saint-Urbain;
- Access condos Saint-Antoine Berri with signales by Berri.
- Closed between Viger and Saint-Antoine
Other Ville de Montreal construction works in the area:
- Preliminary works for future Place des Montréalaises.
- The deconstruction of the pedestrian tunnel Champ-de-Mars and its four blocks, started in July, should be continued until December 2020. These works will enable the future integration of the Place de Montréalaises project, which will include a direct and safe access towards the Old-Montreal and downtown. Partial closures of Saint-Antoine street, north and south side are to be expected.
- City Hall: works will continue until the end of the year.
For more details:
Call 514-872-3777, from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm or Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Outside of these hours, use the 311 and mention that it concerns the construction works done by Service des grands parcs, du Mont-Royal et des sports.
Ville de Montréal - Info-Traveaux (French only)
To learn more about the redevelopment of Viger Square project, visit Making Montreal's website.