The first Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel was built in 1657 at the instigation of Marguerite Bourgeoys, the first teacher in Ville-Marie, who contributed significantly to the settling of the territory. The current chapel is a 1771 reconstruction. Ships and crews bound for Europe were blessed before setting out on their long crossing.
Today, the chapel hosts many events, including numerous classical music concerts. Not to be missed!
Hours and further details can be found on the company’s website.
400 Rue Saint-Paul Est, Montreal, Québec H2Y 1H4, Canada